More bad news for struggling vendor BlackBerry (BBRY) emerged on Friday as a report surfaced suggesting Samsung (005930) is planning to enter the enterprise space. Boston-based brokerage firm Detwiler Fenton said in a note on Friday morning that Samsung plans to unveil a new enterprise platform at the Mobile World Congress trade show later this month that will compete with BlackBerry’s next-generation BlackBerry 10 operating system. No other details were provided, but the news comes as a huge blow to BlackBerry considering its reliance on the enterprise market. BlackBerry shares were trading down more than 2.5% on the news.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- An unexpected fourth stimulus check for $600 is coming if you have one of these jobs
- CDC salmonella outbreak update: It’s gotten worse, but possible culprit found
- iPhone 14 will look like nothing we’ve ever seen from Apple
- iOS 15’s incredible new Apple Maps feature you need to see
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free right now