Google (GOOG) updated its YouTube app for Android on Tuesday to give its underwhelming Google TV devices a little love. The new YouTube app now lets you stream videos directly to any Google TV device with a single click and act as a remote to pause, scroll or skip to the next video with your smartphone or tablet. The new app also lets you peruse YouTube’s myriad of content from a mobile device (or several ones, if you like) while a video is playing on the TV. It’s another attempt at providing a “second screen” experience, much like Xbox SmartGlass is doing for the Xbox 360.
- Marvel just brought Iron Man back to the MCU, and we nearly missed it
- Best Netflix original movies of 2021
- Best camera drone under $100 gets a rare extra discount at Amazon
- You’re getting a new $600 stimulus check next month if you live in this one state
- Everyone’s talking about this suspenseful Netflix drama that just rocketed to #1