LG (066570) on Thursday revealed that more than 100 people have preordered its new 55-inch OLED HDTV in the past six weeks, Reuters reported. Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology is seen as the future of high-definition displays and is expected to replace traditional liquid-crystal display (LCD) TVs in the coming years, however LG’s OLED models costs up to five times more than comparable LCD flat-screens. LG is looking to turn its TV business around in 2013 and is aiming to increase flat-panel TV shipments by 15%. The company’s next-generation 55-inch OLED HDTV will be available starting Monday for $10,000.
- Scientists think they figured out when the Sun will explode and kill us all
- Special stimulus check payments up to $1,261 are available – do you qualify?
- 6 beloved out-of-stock groceries are coming back to Costco
- If you have DirecTV, you’re about to lose these 2 channels
- Netflix’s creepy new sci-fi series rocketed to #1 on the charts
January 18th, 2022