On Thursday, Apple unveiled the new iPad mini 3, and it seems a lot of the leaked information that we heard about the device was accurate, including support for Touch ID.
For the latest breaking news from Apple’s huge event, be sure to check out our event hub!
Check out the specs on the iPad Mini 3 below:
- Height: 7.87 inches (200 mm)
- Width: 5.3 inches (134.7 mm)
- 7.9-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048-by-1536 resolution at 326 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- 5MP iSight camera and 1080p HD video recording
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
- Wi‑Fi (802.11a/b/g/n); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and MIMO
The iPad mini 3 will be available to customers for pre-order on Apple’s website October 17th. It will go on sale next week with the pricing listed at $399 for 16GB, $499 for 64GB, $599 for 128 GB and will be available in finishes including gold, silver and space gray. You can read the entire Apple press release on the iPad mini 3 here, and get the full specs here from Apple’s website.