Samsung just took the wraps off its two flagship phablets for 2015, the Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge+. Android fans will be interested to see what specifications these two monster devices have and we have them all lined up for you right here. Check them out below!
MUST READ: I just watched my smartphone case heal itself from scratches
Interestingly, it looks like the major specs for the Note 5 and the S6 edge+ are basically the same. The major difference is just that the Note 5 has a standard flat display while the S6 edge+ has a display with curved edges that Samsung first debuted with the Galaxy S6 edge earlier this year.
At any rate, here are the specs shared by both devices:
- 5.7-inch quad HD super AMOLED display at 518 pixels per inch
- Exnyos 7420 processor, a 64-bit octa-core chipset
- 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with optical image stabilization
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 4GB of RAM
- 3,000mAh battery
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. Bluetooth v4.2m NFC and USB 2.0
Other than the differences in the devices’ display shapes, you should also note that the Note 5 is slightly thicker and heavier than the S6 edge+. In total, the Note 5 is 7.6 millimeters thick and weighs 171 grams, while the S6 edge+ is 6.9 millimeters thick and weighs 153 grams.