Relations between Google (GOOG) and China haven’t been anything short of ugly since Google discovered Chinese hackers had broken into hundreds of Gmail accounts last year. According to Greatfire.org (via Bloomberg Businessweek), Gmail, Google Maps and Google Drive are now all being blocked in China. Google told Bloomberg that it “checked and there’s nothing wrong on [its] end.” It’s believed that China’s 18th Chinese Communist Party Congress is responsible for the block and is forwarding Google searches “to another site located in Korea, using a tactic known as DNS poisoning,” reports Greatfire.org.
- Urgent meat recall: 234,000 pounds were sold so check your fridge now
- 3 new Netflix series with 100% Rotten Tomatoes scores have viewers flipping out
- Fourth stimulus check is coming for Christmas – find out if you get one
- Where’s my stimulus check? Everything you need to know, and what comes next (December 2021)
- I’m obsessed with an Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of, and it’s $15 today