This week, the Pangu team released the first untethered jailbreak for iPhones and iPads running iOS 9. It came as a bit of a surprise, as some reports made it sound like hackers were waiting for the official release of iOS 9.1, but nevertheless, the jailbreak is available to download at this very moment.
If you’re happy with your iPhone the way it is, you can ignore the jailbreak entirely, but if you plan on downloading it, you might want to know about some of the best tweaks for a jailbroken iOS 9 device before you do so.
Shortly after the jailbreak was published, popular iPhone hacking YouTube channel iCrackUriDevice put together a short list of five tweaks worth checking out on Cydia once you’ve jailbroken your device:
- RoundDock: Shortens the dock and rounds out the corners.
- BatteryLife: Detailed breakdown of battery life and battery capacity.
- betterFourbyFourFolders: Allows 4×4 grids of apps within folders.
- CC Deseparator: Removes the separation lines in Control Center.
- f.lux: Adjusts the color warmth of your display depending on the time of day.
Here’s a video of all the tweaks in action:
If you want to see which of the most popular Cydia tweaks are compatible on iOS 9, there’s a spreadsheet on BestTechInfo which developers and jailbreakers are updating on a daily basis that lists compatible tweaks along with the repos from which they are available. If you’re planning on downloading a bunch of tweaks, it’s worth a bookmark.