HTC’s $300 million mistake quickly turned into a $150 million mistake, and now Beats reportedly wants out once and for all. According to The Wall Street Journal, Beats Electronics is in talks with an investor to finance a buy out of HTC’s investment in the company. The talks come as the popular headphone brand prepares to move into several new categories including other consumer electronics and music streaming, as BGR exclusively reported last summer. The Journal’s report notes that Beats hopes to buy out HTC’s 25% stake in the company within the next few weeks.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- USDA issues urgent meat recall, so throw it away if you have any
- Let’s go, Brandon: The backstory of this Joe Biden meme that’s all over the Internet
- See why TikTok is so obsessed with this $20 Amazon find
- Stimulus check update: Some people might get $500 payments for the next 3 years
- Friday’s deals: Samsung Galaxy phones, Chromebooks, $60 smartwatch, $75 air fryer, more