HTC’s $300 million mistake quickly turned into a $150 million mistake, and now Beats reportedly wants out once and for all. According to The Wall Street Journal, Beats Electronics is in talks with an investor to finance a buy out of HTC’s investment in the company. The talks come as the popular headphone brand prepares to move into several new categories including other consumer electronics and music streaming, as BGR exclusively reported last summer. The Journal’s report notes that Beats hopes to buy out HTC’s 25% stake in the company within the next few weeks.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- If you have this vegetable in your fridge, throw it out immediately
- Huge leak says Samsung’s Galaxy Note is coming back – with a twist
- This stimulus program can get you $25,000, and not enough people are using it
- Fourth stimulus check is coming to millions of Americans – here’s who gets one
- Crazy Amazon deal slashes a best-selling robot vacuum to just $90