“Now you can carry your clique with you in your pocket.” That is the line that opens Nokia and AT&T’s press releases with regards to the announcement of the The Handset Formerly Known as Mako. As you might imagine from the tone of this opening sentence, this puppy has tween written all over it. Earlier this month we learned that the S60-powered Nokia Surge 6790 would launch in the mid-July time frame and sure enough, here we are. We gave you some exclusive hands on goodness a month and a half ago but just in case your interest wasn’t completely diminished at that point in time, here are the highlights from the release:
- 2.0 megapixel camera – Customers can capture quality photos with color camera and 4X digital zoom
- AT&T Navigator – AT&T Navigator provides audible turn-by-turn directions, monitors traffic and alerts users when there is a slowdown or incident
- AT&T Mobile Music – Customers can listen and download their favorite music from Napster Mobile, eMusic Mobile, XM Radio and more over the air
- AT&T Video Share – The first-ever service in the U.S. that allows users to share live video over wireless devices while participating in a voice call
- JuiceCaster – Customers can share videos and pictures from their wireless device to the Web’s most popular sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr
The Nokia Surge will be available online and in stores starting this Sunday, July 19th, for $79.99 after mail-in rebate on a 2-year contract. The line forms to the left.