Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...
  1. Best Kitchen Gadgets
    08:33 Deals

    Amazon shoppers are obsessed with this $23 gadget that should be in every kitchen

  2. Galaxy Star Projector Amazon
    09:43 Deals

    This awesome $32 gadget went viral on TikTok and now Amazon shoppers are obsessed

  3. How To Save Money On Your Cable Bill
    15:37 Deals

    Your cable company is furious that we’re telling you about this $59 box on Amazon

  4. Prime Day Deals
    07:58 Deals

    Amazon has 10 new early Prime Day deals you need to see to believe

  5. Amazon Gift Card
    07:58 Deals

    $25 in free Amazon credit beats any Prime Day deal – here’s how to get it




AT&T asks Justice Department to delay court proceedings

December 12th, 2011 at 4:20 PM

AT&T said Monday that it, along with Deutsche Telekom, has asked Judge Ellen Huvelle to delay any further court hearings regarding AT&T’s planned $39 billion acquisition of T-Mobile USA until January 18th, 2012. AT&T said the delay will “allow the two companies time to evaluate all options” and that the U.S. Justice Department also joined in on the filing. AT&T recently withdrew its merger application from the FCC to instead focus on the lawsuit that was brought against the merger by the Department of Justice. “AT&T is committed to working with Deutsche Telekom to find a solution that is in the best interests of our respective customers, shareholders and employees,” AT&T said in a statement. “We are actively considering whether and how to revise our current transaction to achieve the necessary regulatory approvals so that we can deliver the capacity enhancements and improved customer service that can only be derived from combining our two companies’ wireless assets.” The delay makes a lot of sense, since the Department of Justice doesn’t have much of a reason to sue AT&T unless it has a merger application filed with the FCC. ”It’s not a real transaction until they file with the FCC,” Justice Department lead attorney Joseph Wayland said last week. AT&T’s full press release follows after the break. 

AT&T UPDATES STATUS OF T-MOBILE USA MERGER

DALLAS, December, 12, 2011 – AT&T today issued the following statement regarding the status of its merger with T-Mobile USA:

“AT&T and Deutsche Telekom advised Judge Huvelle this morning that they wish to stay any further Court proceedings until January 18, 2012, to allow the two companies time to evaluate all options.  The U.S. Department of Justice joined in the filing.

“AT&T is committed to working with Deutsche Telekom to find a solution that is in the best interests of our respective customers, shareholders and employees.  We are actively considering whether and how to revise our current transaction to achieve the necessary regulatory approvals so that we can deliver the capacity enhancements and improved customer service that can only be derived from combining our two companies’ wireless assets.”




Popular News