Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

Early adopters love the Apple Watch even more than the iPhone

Published Jul 20th, 2015 4:05PM EDT
Apple Watch Customer Satisfaction Ratings

The Apple Watch is apparently under performing many analysts’ expectations but people who have bought the device seem to love it. A survey conducted by Wristly and Ben Bajarin of Techpinions of 1,000 Apple Watch owners shows that 66% are very satisfied with the device while 31% are somewhat satisfied. In total, the Apple Watch has a customer satisfaction rating of 97%, which is higher than earlier customer satisfaction ratings for the first-generation iPhone and iPad.

ON THE OTHER HAND: The biggest indication that Apple Watch is a dud so far

The most interesting thing that Bajarin found was that people who are more hardcore tech fans were much more critical of the device than people who are more casual consumers. People who are early adopters are much less likely to recommend that their friends buy the device because they don’t think it’s quite ready for primetime yet. Those who weren’t hardcore tech fans, meanwhile showed a lot more enthusiasm for it.

“While we don’t know exactly how many Apple Watches have been sold what we can measure and use as a barometer to judge the success or failure of Apple Watch is if current owners are happy, satisfied, and delighted,” Bajarin writes. “For that we can safely conclude the answer is a resounding yes.”

Check out the whole post by clicking here.

Prior to joining BGR as News Editor, Brad Reed spent five years covering the wireless industry for Network World. His first smartphone was a BlackBerry but he has since become a loyal Android user.