Congratulations, Android fans — you now have a whopping 100,000 apps to choose from in the Android Market. The 100k milestone means Google is gaining ground on Apple’s App Store, which is now approaching 300,000 apps. Of course sheer volume isn’t the whole story when it comes to mobile app markets, and many would agree that Android and iOS share roughly the same garbage-to-gold ratio when it comes to available apps. Google has yet to formally announce this milestone through standard channels, though the company has confirmed the accomplishment via its AndroidDev Twitter account.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Aside from stimulus checks, your state may owe you hundreds of dollars – how to find out
- New stimulus checks are really coming one month from tomorrow – here’s how much you’ll get
- If you feed this dog food to your pet, stop immediately
- If you drive a car from this popular brand, your personal data might’ve been stolen
- Amazon shoppers are obsessed with this $23 gadget that should be in every kitchen