If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
I was recently over at a friend’s apartment when she showed me the fancy new mesh wireless system she and her husband got. It was nice and all, but it was also in an apartment that was probably about 1,200 square feet, tops. If you live in an apartment or a small house, a mesh system is almost always overkill and a waste of money. Believe it or not, you can get perfectly good Wi-Fi coverage all over your home for just $19.99 if you pick up a TP-Link WR841N N300 Wi-Fi Router on Amazon.
Here’s the scoop from the product page:
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps ideal applications for video streaming, online gaming VoIP, web browsing and multi-tasking
- Two 5dBi antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability. Easy Setup Assistant provides quick & hassle free installation
- System requirements is internet explorer 11, firefox 12.0, chrome 20.0, safari 4.0 or other, java enabled browser or cable or dsl modem. Signal rate for 11n up to 300 mbps dynamic, 11g up to 54 mbps dynamic and 11b up to 1 mbps dynamic
- Features parental control function managing the internet access of children or employee’s computer
- IP based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each PC and internet devices
- Fast ethernet ports(10/100 Mbps) allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g products. TP-LINK Live 24/7 Technical Support
- This product is ONLY a router
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.