If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
If you live in an apartment or a normal-sized house that’s about 2,500 square feet or less, you don’t need to spend a ton of money on a mesh wireless system to upgrade your home Wi-Fi network. In fact, you won’t believe how inexpensive it is to get a decent router. With more than 11,000 5-star ratings on Amazon, the TP-Link WR940N Wi-Fi Router is a fantastic option for most people. It supports wireless N data speeds up to 450Mbps — which is faster than just about anything you would ever connect to on the internet — and it’s under $25!TP-Link N450 WiFi Router - Wireless Internet Router for Home (TL-WR940N) Price:$24.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here’s some additional from the product page:
- Wireless N speed up to 450Mbps, ideal for bandwidth intensive tasks like HD video streaming, VoIP, and online gaming. Not compatible with phoneline internet. 802.11n technology, 15x faster with 5x the range of 802.11g, Three antennas for increased coverage and stability, System Requirements Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, Windows8/ 8.1/10, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- IP based bandwidth control allows you to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each device, WPS button for one touch wireless security encryption. Wireless Modes Router Mode, Range Extender(for V5 and later), Access Point Mode (for V5 and later). Wireless Functions Enable/Disable Wireless Radio, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless Statistics
- Parental Controls to manage Internet access on children’s or employees’s computers, Industry leading 2 year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
- 450Mbps wireless speed is only for TL WR940N V3 while the earlier version is 300Mbps. It is a combined wired/wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business and home office networking requirements. You could easily pick up the wireless network during long distance connection where legacy 11g products may not
- Note ping diagnostic tool troubleshoots connectivity, reach ability and name resolution to a given host or gateway. Tracerouter diagnostic tool tests the performance of a connection. Supports internet explorer 11, firefox 12.0, chrome 20.0, safari 4.0, or other and java enabled browser
- Interface: 4 10/100Mbps LAN PORTS, 1 10/100Mbps WAN PORT
Our deals and product reviews are picked by BGR's expert editors and team.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.