If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
You might not be familiar with the brand iHealth, and that’s understandable. The company doesn’t spend anything on advertising here in the US. It focuses on modern home health care products that feature elevated designs like high-end consumer electronics. Since it doesn’t have a massive marketing budget though, its products are usually very affordable. That changed last year, however, when the brand’s flagship iHealth PT3 No-Touch Forehead Thermometer skyrocketed in price to $60. But today, it just became the best thermometer deal on Amazon thanks to a sale that slashes it to its lowest price ever.iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer Price:$19.99 ($4.12 / Ounce) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Amazon’s best thermometer deal
It should go without saying that the pandemic was obviously the catalyst, but it wasn’t an issue of greed. Shipping issues and sky-high tariffs on Chinese imports caused the massive price hike, according to the manufacturer. And incredibly, despite the massive increase in cost, iHealth told BGR in an email that more than 1 million people purchased the PT3 forehead thermometer in 2020. That’s right… it’s so good that people were willing to pay that massive premium to get one.
For anyone who didn’t pick one up last year, we have some great news for you today. Thankfully, iHealth’s import woes are no longer a problem. Head over to Amazon and you’ll find that the PT3 is back down to its normal retail price of $19.99. Then, an extra discount slashes it back down to its lowest price ever!
The iHealth PT3 No-Touch Forehead Thermometer is truly the sleekest and most sophisticated forehead thermometer you’ll ever come across. That’s why so many BGR Deals readers have referred to it as the “iPhone of forehead thermometers.” It’s minimalistic like something Apple would make if Apple made thermometers, and it’s also incredibly easy to use. In fact, it only has one button. Hold it about an inch away from the center of your forehead or your child’s forehead. Then just press the button. In less than one second, the temperature will appear on the hidden LCD display on the back of the device.
We use one ourselves and it really is a well-designed little gadget. At the all-time low price of just $16.99, you’d have to be crazy not to pick one up. It truly is the best forehead thermometer deal on Amazon.
Also of note if you don’t mind spending a little more money, the company just released a new wireless PT3 forehead thermometer. The new version includes Bluetooth connectivity so it can sync with your smartphone. That way, you can keep track of all your temperature readings. It retails for $39.99, which is still a terrific value. After all, the regular model cost even more than that last year, yet over 1 million people bought it!iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer Price:$19.99 ($4.12 / Ounce) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission iHealth No-Touch Forehead Thermometer with Bluetooth Price:$39.99 ($39.99 / Count) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here’s are some key features to keep in mind:
- Safe and Hygenic thanks to no-touch monitoring
- The iHealth PT3 has a built-in infrared sensor that reads body temperature from up to 1.18 inches away from the center of the forehead, which means it needs no physical contact
- An extremely accurate IR sensor gathers more than 100 data points in about one second
- Includes distance and environmental sensors to help account for variables that might impact readings
- Fast and easy to operate: Just hold the thermometer about an inch away from the center of your forehead and press the button on the back
- Temperature reading appears in less than 1 second
- Readings are displayed on a nice bright LED screen that blends in seamlessly with the back of the thermometer
- No annoying buzzing or beeping — the iHealth PT3 lets you know your reading is read with a gentle vibration
- The PT3 is powered by two AAA batteries (included in the box) and comes with a worry-free 12-month warranty
- iHealth’s friendly customer service team is based in California
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.