If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
I wouldn’t label myself an audiophile or a sound snob of any kind, really. That said, I’ve tested practically every type of personal audio product there is because it’s part of my job. I have definitely formed some preferences over the years, and there are only a few companies whose products I use personally. When it comes to headphones, I go with Sony for audio quality and Apple’s AirPods Pro for ease of use. And where wireless speakers in my home are concerned, I’m a Sonos fan through and through.
Sonos offers so much variety these days, I didn’t think there would ever be another speaker I would consider using myself. Then Sony sent me the new Sony SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Speaker to test, and I have to say… I was totally blown away.Today's Top Deal Luxurious bed sheets with 100,000 5-star Amazon reviews start at just $22 in this amazing sale! List Price:$37.99 Price:$22.39 You Save:$17.00 (45%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
Announced late last month, the new Sony SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Speaker is one of the only speakers out there that can play 260 Reality Audio content, which is now available through streaming music services from Amazon, Tidal, Deezer, and the recorded live concert streaming service Nugs. From a single speaker or a single pair of headphones, 360 Reality Audio makes it sound like you’re in the middle of a studio or a concert hall with speakers all around you. It really is a fascinating experience and it completely changes the way your music sounds.
The SRS-RA5000 is one of two new 360 Reality Audio speakers that Sony is releasing, and it’s definitely the more premium of the two. It features a whopping seven different speakers built into a single enclosure that looks like some sort of stylish alien pod. It easily fills entire rooms with sound regardless of whether you’re streaming 360 Reality Audio content or regular audio tracks. It also supports both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth streaming.
Sony’s new SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Speaker is in a league of its own right now, so it’s understandably a bit pricey. This new model is currently available for pre-order on Amazon with a $699.99 price tag, and orders are scheduled to be delivered starting April 13th. Sony also makes a less expensive version that isn’t quite as premium — the new Sony SRS-RA3000 360 Reality Audio Speaker that you can pre-order on Amazon for $299.99. In either case, you know you’re getting the best of the best from Sony. And if you decide to try out some 360 Reality Audio content, prepare to be completely blown away
Sony SRS-RA5000 360 Reality Audio Premium Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- 360 Reality Audio: Experience 360 Reality Audio sound creates a feeling of immersion that makes it feel like you are at a concert or in the recording studio with the artist
- Ambient Room Filling Sound: Fill your whole room with sound. Sound is diffused both horizontally and vertically to create the perfect atmosphere anywhere in your home.
- Immersive Audio Enhancement & Sound Calibration: Utilizing Sony’s unique algorithm, traditional stereo tracks are processed to deliver ambient room-filling sound, while sound calibration software adjusts the speaker’s settings to be perfect for the room it is placed in.
- Seven Precisely Placed Speakers: A trio of up-firing speakers spreads music vertically while three side speakers spread sound horizontally. These are complemented by a woofer, which floods the room with rich, deep bass, giving new life to all your favorite music.
Sony SRS-RA3000 360 Reality Audio Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Omni-Directional Sound and Deep Bass: Beam tweeters spread sound vertically, omni diffuser spreads sound horizontally for wall-to-wall audio, and dual passive radiators deliver deep bass.
- Bluetooth: Pair your speaker using Bluetooth technology and start seamlessly streaming your music collection. You can also pair wirelessly to your TV via Bluetooth with compatible TV models.
- Wi-Fi Enabled With Chromecast Built-In & Spotify Connect: Use a Wi-Fi connection to access your favorite internet music streaming services via your speaker and control the playlist from your phone.
- Voice Control: The SRS-RA3000 works with Alexa and Google Assistant, giving you the ability to control the speaker with your voice using compatible Alexa or Google Home products.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.