If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Have you noticed lately that just about every gadget on the planet these days now supports Amazon Alexa? Of course, the logic here isn’t really much of a mystery. Alexa is one of the hottest trends in tech right now because it’s smart, it’s reliable, it’s versatile, and it’s available for free to third-party companies. Just like Google does with Android, Amazon lets anyone and everyone bake Alexa into their devices, which is great for consumers because they can use one common voice platform to control all of their devices.
Of course, older devices don’t have Alexa support, which is why nifty gadgets like the iHome iSP8 Wi-Fi SmartPlug exist. Plug the iSP8 into any wall, and then plug anything you want into the box. Now you’ll be able to control that device with an included remote, with your smartphone or… with Alexa. Naturally.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Includes RF hand held remote. Allows others in the home to control connected devices without a smartphone. ( Remote works up to 35 feet away.)
- Power monitoring feature, gives power consumption statistics for connected devices. ( Helps save money! )
- Wi-Fi enabled. No Hub or monthly fees required. Control your plug globally with Wi-Fi access.
- Control lamps, space heaters, Air Conditioners, Fans, Holiday lighting and more up to 1800 Watts per plug.
- Use Siri to control connected devices with a single voice command (requires IOS 9.0 or higher) Slim design fits any standard 110V outlet, leaving second outlet free or put two Smart Plugs in a single outlet. Works with Apple HomeKit & Siri, Nest, Wink and Smart Things platforms.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.