If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Blood oxygen level is actually a much more accurate early indicator of a novel coronavirus infection than a fever, and there are two great deals right now on pulse oximeters with Amazon Prime shipping.
- It’s the $60 Wellue Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor, and it’s on sale today for only $35.99 thanks to a special coupon.
- Amazon is also offering a killer deal right now on the $260 ViATOM Wrist Oxygen Monitor, which is available for just $125.99 for a limited time.
- Both models have built-in Bluetooth so you can connect to a free app on your iPhone or Android device.
There is something extremely important about novel coronavirus infections that everyone out there really needs to know: fever isn’t necessarily a symptom of COVID-19. We know what you’re thinking — fever is the one thing that you’ve heard to be on the lookout for as an early sign of the COVID-19 disease that’s caused by the new coronavirus. Well, it turns out that a fever might not be as common a coronavirus symptom as we all thought. As you’ll read in the article we just linked, some studies have found that fewer than half of patients infected by the novel coronavirus presented a fever.
Don’t worry though, because we have some good news to offset that bad news: there’s actually a far more accurate early indicator of a coronavirus infection. Since the virus attacks the lungs, people with COVID-19 can often tell by checking their blood oxygen level. According to the Mayo Clinic, normal blood oxygen readings should be between 95% and 100%. In coronavirus patients, however, healthcare professionals have been reporting patients with readings as low as 50%. The important number to remember is that anything under 90% is considered unhealthy.
Now, the only question that remains is a simple one: how can you monitor your blood oxygen level to see if you might have COVID-19? It’s actually easier than you think — and it’s far less expensive than it normally would be thanks to a great sale right now on Amazon.
You’ve probably seen a pulse oximeter before even if you’re not familiar with the name. It’s a tiny gadget that clips to your finger and reads your blood oxygen level quickly and painlessly. A high-quality pulse oximeter is typically pretty expensive, but the top-rated Wellue Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor is on sale right now at Amazon. Just use the coupon code QK3V4E4C at checkout and you’ll only pay $35.99. This model typically sells for $60, so that’s a terrific price. It also has built-in Bluetooth so it can connect to a free app on your iPhone or Android!
Wellue Fingertip Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor with Alarm, Batteries, Carry Bag & Lanyard for… List Price:$49.99 Price:$35.99 You Save:$14.00 (28%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
If you’re looking for something a bit more sophisticated, the ViATOM Wrist Oxygen Monitor that has a retail price of $260 is also on sale and it has a huge discount right now. This model is made to be worn for as long as you’d like while you’re sleeping or while you’re awake, and it has an alarm feature if your blood oxygen level falls too low. An $80 discount on Amazon cuts the price to $180, but you can also use the coupon code 4TQ6HKCP at checkout for a final price of $125.99. That’s an all-time low, and the coupon is good until the end of the day on May 31.
- 1 Amazon eGift Card
- 2 Smart Plug Gosund Smart WiFi Outlet Works with Alexa and Google Home, 2.4G WiFi Only, No Hub Re…
- 3 DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake…
- 4 Potensic Elfin FPV Drone with 2K Camera for Kids, Optical Flow Positioning, Live Video RC Quadc…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.