If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Prime Day is always such a terrific indication of which Amazon deals our readers really flock to most. Why? Well, it should be self-explanatory because the explanation is so simple: EVERYTHING is on sale during Prime Day, so the most popular products always bubble up to the top. And when it comes to smart home devices, nothing on Amazon was anywhere close to being as popular as the MyQ smart garage door opener.
The original model and the newer model with Bluetooth both sell for $30 normally, and that’s how much you’ll pay for the updated version with Bluetooth if you buy one now that Prime Day is over. But someone apparently forgot to flip the switch on the Wi-Fi version that comes in black, because it’s still on sale with a huge 23% discount! That almost matches Prime Day’s price, and you’d have to be crazy to pass it up.
But wait… there’s also a bonus. On top of the discount that slashes it to just $23, there’s also a special promotion that gets you a $40 Amazon credit if you try the new Amazon Key service with the coupon code KEY40. That means Amazon is basically paying you $17 to get yourself a MyQ!Today's Top Deal Amazon's Fire TV Stick 4K just got a surprise 20% discount! List Price:$49.99 Price:$39.99 You Save:$10.00 (20%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
Prime Day was crazy this year. Everything you can think of was on sale at great prices, from wildly popular AirPods to all the Fire TV and Echo devices you can think of. There was even a crazy deal that got you a Windows 10 laptop and a 128GB microSDXC card for just $229.99 — and that deal is still going right now!
We can’t even remember the last time we saw so many fantastic deals on Amazon, and it gave us a much-needed break from everything else going on in the world. And it should go without saying that Amazon’s hottest smart home device was hugely popular during Prime Day.
The original MyQ smart garage door opener was first released a few years ago, and it cost $100 at the time. At that price, it was absolutely worth every penny. This awesome device can be installed in about 15 or 20 minutes and it lets you open and close your garage door using your smartphone or even just your voice, thanks to Alexa support. Whether you never want to wonder again if you remembered to close your garage door as you rushed to work or you’re just sick of dealing with that annoying keypad that never seems to work on the first try, the MyQ is an awesome purchase.
Did you miss Amazon’s Prime Day deal? Well, stop feeling upset because you’re actually in luck. The MyQ smart garage door opener is back in stock right now after having sold out recently, and it’s down to $23 until someone finally realizes Prime Day is over. On top of all that, you can even take advantage of a special promotion if you want. The MyQ works with Amazon’s Key service for in-garage deliveries, and you can get a $40 Amazon credit if you enter the promo code KEY40 when placing your first Amazon Key order.
If you decide to take advantage of that awesome promotion, Amazon will basically end up paying you $17 to get a MyQ. How amazing is that?! The only problem is delivery estimates are already starting to slip, which means there’s a good chance the MyQ will sell out soon. You’ll be kicking yourself if you miss out on this deal, so definitely get in on the action while you still can.
Here are the main takeaways:
- Open and close your garage door from inside your home, from the backyard, from down the block, or from anywhere in the world using a simple app on your smartphone
- No more fussing with decade-old keypads that never work on the first try
- You can also control your garage door with your voice thanks to compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands
- Control two garage doors with one MyQ hub by adding an additional sensor
- Wondering if you left your garage door open when you were rushing out of your house in the morning? Now you don’t have to guess because MyQ can tell you
- Supports Amazon’s free in-garage delivery service called Amazon Key, and you can get a $40 credit the first time you use Amazon Key thanks to Amazon’s special promotion (learn more at amazon.com/keypromo)
- Universal compatibility that works with all major garage door brands and all models manufactured after 1993
- Integrates with any smart home platform — and linking your MyQ account to Google Assistant and IFTTT is free right now for a limited time
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.