If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Segway became the savior for lazy Americans back in 2002 when it first released its fresh new take on the personal transporter device. Calm down, we’re just joking — Segways obviously have tons of fantastic uses that don’t involve laziness at all. The Segway was like anything we had ever seen back then, but now times have changed and there are all sorts of products out there that give us new ways to get around. “Hoverboards” are make up one of the hottest categories out there right now, and Segway finally just released its take on the white-hot self-balancing scooter category.
The Segway miniPRO is better than any other “hoverboard” out there, but it’s also more expensive. Now, thanks to Amazon’s big Prime Day 2016 sale, you might actually be able to afford one — which is perfect timing since this is definitely the best way to catch ’em all.
The $1,300 Segway miniPRO is unlike any of the low-cost, low-quality self-balancing scooters that you see everywhere these days. Here are some of the new device’s highlights:
- Connect to the free mobile app via Bluetooth for full features: remote control operation, anti-theft alarm, speed control, customizable lights, vehicle diagnostics, and firmware updates
- UL 2272 Certified unit meets high standards of fire and electrical safety set by world-renown global safety science company Underwriters Laboratories
- 220 lbs payload, light-weight, and durable aircraft-grade magnesium alloy frame and 10.5-Inch pneumatic air-filled tires with military-grade shock absorption capability
- Dual motor engine delivers 1600 watts of power to safely reach top speeds of 10 MPH and distances of 14 miles on a full charge in a variety of indoor and outdoor terrains.
- Padded knee bar maximizes comfort and enables precision steering for more ergonomic control than hoverboards and electric scooters that rely on foot-pivot steering
The miniPRO is an Amazon exclusive online, and the retailer typically knocks a healthy $300 off the full retail price to sell it for a cool $1,000. On Tuesday only for Prime Day, however, you can get a brand new Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter in either black or white for $699.00.
If that’s still too rich for your blood, there’s nothing wrong with that and you’ll find plenty of more affordable hoverboards right here on Amazon’s site.
As the name of today’s big shopping event might suggest, you’ll need a Prime subscription to enjoy any of these deals. If you don’t already have a Prime subscription, you can sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial right now and enjoy all the huge Prime Day deals coming today. Make sure you don’t miss anything by following along in our Prime Day 2016 hub.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.