If you want all of the wireless advantages afforded by Apple’s new W1 wireless chip but the AirPods are a little too weird for your taste, your options are pretty limited. In fact, you only have one option: Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones. These are traditional wireless earbuds and not truly wireless earphones like Apple’s AirPods, but they actually sound a little better than the AirPods thanks to fuller bass. They’re a bit pricey at $199.99, but a limited-time Amazon sale has chopped $50 off that steep price tag, making the Powerbeats3 just $149.99. These hot new earphones weren’t even that cheap on Black Friday!
Some highlights from the product page:
- Connect via Class 1 Bluetooth with your device for wireless workout freedom
- Up to 12 hours of battery life to power through multiple workouts
- With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives you 1 hour of playback when battery is low
- Sweat and water resistance to handle tough training
- What’s in the box: Powerbeats3 Wireless earphones, eartips with four (4) size options, carrying case, universal USB charging cable (USB-A to USB Micro-B, Quick Start Guide, warranty card