If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- There’s an awesome new product on Amazon that you have to check out if you want to ditch water pitchers and never have to wait to drink filtered water again.
- It’s the TAP Water Filter by Sawyer and it attaches to just about any threaded faucet (or outdoor hose connection) in seconds.
- The TAP works in a similar fashion to the wildly popular LifeStraw portable water filter that’s a best-seller for hiking and camping.
The insanely popular LifeStraw portable water filter is one of the most popular products on Amazon pretty much any time there’s a discount. As it turns out, it happens to be on sale right now with a nice discount. The manufacturer says that by using this great portable filter, you can turn just about any water you come across outdoors into potable water that’s safe to drink. It should go without saying that the LifeStraw is a must-have for anyone who wants to be prepared when hiking or camping.
So many people out there use pitchers in their houses that work just like the LifeStraw. They allow you to drink tap water that has been filtered of many of the contaminants that might have been otherwise ingested. But what if we told you there’s another option and you’ll never have to wait for a pitcher to filter your water again? Definitely check out the popular new TAP Water Filter from Sawyer, which is available right now at Amazon for $40.Today's Top Deal Amazon just kicked off a massive new sale — see all the best deals right here! Price:See Today's Deals! Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
Many people will be familiar with Sawyer, which is a leading brand that’s known far and wide for its water filtering products. This new model might be our favorite Sawyer filter yet. Just attach the TAP Water Filter to any threaded faucet in your home and you instantly have filtered water without having to wait for a pitcher to slowly run water through the upper chamber down into the main well. How good is this Sawyer model filter, you ask? According to the company, the TAP removes 99.99999% of all bacteria including salmonella and E. coli, 99.9999% of all protozoa like giardia, and 100% of microplastics. It doesn’t get much better than that.
This great compact filter connects to nearly any faucet, and there are included adapters for atypical fittings. There’s also an extension hose you can use in shallow sinks, but you can use it outside as well. The TAP filter will fit on a standard garden hose connection outside your house, or even on the side of an RV.
According to Sawyer, it can filter up to 500 gallons of water per day, and it’ll last up to 10 years if you follow the manufacturer’s care instructions. It definitely seems like it’s time to ditch your pitcher. The TAP Water Filter from Sawyer is so simple to use because all you have to do is attach it to start filtering. There’s no waiting like you do with a common water-filtering pitcher. Plus, being able to use it indoors or outdoors really makes this a worthwhile purchase!Sawyer Products SP134 TAP Water Filtration System, Fits Faucets & Hose Bibs, Blue (one Size) List Price:$39.95 Price:$39.95 You Save:$3.46 (9%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are the bullets from Amazon’s listing:
- Makes bacteria-contaminated tap water potable; Ideal for use in rural locations, emergency kits, boil alerts, at campgrounds, festivals, events, in RVs, and for travel
- Filter up to 500 gallons of water per day; reusable high-performance 0.1-micron absolute inline filter fits taps 17mm to 20mm (11/16″ to 3/4″); hose bibs (garden hose spigot); and some (not all) faucet aerators
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics
- TAP adapter attaches directly to other Sawyer filters such as MINI, Dual Threaded MINI, Micro Squeeze, and Squeeze Water filter (not included)
- Includes: TAP filter, backwash adapter, threaded spigot adapter, dual threaded adapter, tap gauge, extension hose for use in a shallow sink
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.