If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
The hot new Nintendo Switch is literally flying off store shelves right now. It’s the hottest console on the market thanks to Nintendo’s release timing, since there isn’t any new competition from Sony or Microsoft to compete with. That strategy has more than made up for the lack of games available at launch — and remember, you can save money on every Nintendo Switch game out right now — and people are really loving their Switches so far.
Nintendo’s new console is still pretty difficult to get your hands on, though you can score one right now on Amazon if you’re willing to pay a slight premium. Once you do have your Switch, there are a few accessories you’ll definitely want to buy along with it, and an Ethernet adapter is one of them. Nintendo sells them for $25 and they plug into an open USB port on your Nintendo Switch’s dock, providing significantly faster download speeds than connecting wirelessly. Of course, why should you spend $25 when you can pick one up on Amazon for just $13?
Check out the UGREEN USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter, which works perfectly with the Switch and is on sale right now for just $12.99.
Some highlights from the product page:
- WHAT IT IS: Ugreen USB 3.0 male A to RJ45 female ethernet adapter connects your computer or tablet to a router,modem or network switch for network connection. It adds a standard RJ45 port to your Ultrabook, notebook, or Macbook Air for file transferring, video conferencing, gaming, and HD video streaming. 1PC cat 7 Ethernet cable (sold separately, ASIN#B00QV1F1C4) is recommended.
- PROTECT OR REPLACE A BROKEN ETHERNET PORT: USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter is a good accessory to protect the RJ45 Lan port in your expensive computer, or replace a broken Ethernet port.
- SPEED UP TO 5GBPS: Full 10/100/1000Mbps gigabit ethernet performance over USB 3.0’s 5Gbps bus, faster and more reliable than most wireless connections. Link and Activity LEDs. USB powered, no external power required. Backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1.
- COMPATIBILITY: This USB to Gigabit Ethernet adapter work with Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10, Linux kernel 3.x/2.6, and Chrome OS. DO NOT SUPPORT Windows RT and Android. Compatible with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u and IEEE 802.3ab. Supports IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet).
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Ugreen USB Gigabit Ethernet adapter is backed with lifetime warranty and customer service support.
Our deals and product reviews are picked by BGR's expert editors and team.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.