If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Honestly, I’m very comfortable stating that the Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Generation smart thermostat is the best smart home purchase I’ve ever made. There are plenty of terrific products out there in this increasingly popular gadget category, but how many of them pay for themselves by saving you money, while also saving the planet by conserving energy resources? This best-selling thermostat just got a nice little discount on Amazon, so it’s the perfect time to hop aboard the Nest train if you’re not on it already. Make sure you check the “other sellers” section on Amazon for the best possible price.
Here are some key details from the product page:
* Google Home works with Nest. Feeling chilly? Just say, “Ok Google, set my temperature to 72 degrees.”
* Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
* Auto-Schedule: Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week.
* Home/Away Assist: Nest automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy.
* Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
* Farsight: When the Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the time, temperature or weather.
* Energy Star: First thermostat to earn Energy Star. Your thermostat controls half your energy bill – more than appliances, more than electronics. Saving energy starts with your Thermostat.
* Energy History: Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use and why.
* Nest Leaf: You’ll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.