If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
We tell you nearly every time there’s a sale on a good cable modem. Why? Because we want every single one of our readers to know that they don’t have to pay between $8 and $10 per month — which adds up to between $96 and $120 per year — to rent a modem from their cable company. This time around, it’s the TP-Link AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) Wi-Fi Cable Modem that’s on sale. This well-reviewed unit integrates a blazing-fast Wi-Fi router into the cable modem so you can take care of all your internet needs with one device. It’s on sale right now for a couple bucks off, but it pays for itself in just over a year anyway.
Here are some of the key details from the product listing:
* ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
* CABLE MODEM ROUTER – This will serve as both your Cable Modem and WiFi Router
* ISP CERTIFIED – Great for Cable Internet plans up to 300Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
* FASTER WIFI SPEEDS – Up to 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with simultaneous 2.4GHz (up to 450Mbps) and 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) bands
* FASTER DOWNLOADS – Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels
* INCREASED WIFI RANGE – Six internal antennas and high-powered amplifiers boost signal strength and reduce interference
* CLASS-LEADING – Up to 680Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 cable download speeds, 16x faster than DOCSIS 2.0
* LEADING SUPPORT – Industry leading 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support
Already happy with your current Wi-Fi router? Here’s a standalone cable modem for just $45:TP-Link Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.