Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL are two of the best Android smartphones money can buy right now. Well, it’s essentially the same phone that comes in two distinct sizes, competing directly against the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus — and yes, both handsets are iPhone-grade expensive. The Pixels can be purchased directly from Google, or from Verizon, which is still the exclusive carrier for the Pixel phones in America.
But if you want to buy the Pixel on the cheap, you really need to check out Verizon’s amazing Black Friday deal that covers both handsets.
A 32GB Pixel will sell for just $240. That’s $10 per month for 24 months. If you want more storage, then you’ll have to pay $360 for the 128GB Pixel over the course of two years. The deal is valid on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
There is one caveat, of course. You will have to pay the full price for the phone and then you’ll receive the savings in bill credit over the course of your contract. That means you’ll have to stick it out with Big Red for two more years.
Alternatively, the carrier will let you save $200 on any Android phone priced $400 or higher when you switch to Verizon and add a line to an existing account. The deal is valid November 24th through November 27th and includes the Pixel phones. Existing customers will only get to save $100 on the same deal.
Verizon will have other deals in place for Google fans and Android users. The Google Home assistant will retail for $99 on Black Friday — check out Verizon’s full press release below.
Get the latest Google Pixel phones, Daydream virtual reality headset – and now Google Home – at Verizon
NEW YORK – Google Home lands in Verizon stores this Wednesday, joining the Pixel, Phone by Google, Google Live Cases and Daydream View from Google. From November 23 through November 28 as part of Verizon’s Black Friday weekend promotions, you can purchase Google Home for $99.99. If you’re also looking to upgrade your phone, starting Thursday, get a new Pixel, Phone by Google for as little as $10 a month* through Black Friday or up to $200 off** a new Pixel, Phone by Google through Sunday, November 27.
Google Home is a voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant. Just start with, “Ok Google” and say a command. Enjoy music, get answers, manage everyday tasks, and control smart devices around the home.
* Enjoy music: With a simple voice command, play music, podcasts, news, and radio from services like YouTube Music, Spotify and more. Enjoy even more compatible audio services by streaming directly from your Android or iPhone to Google Home from one of 100+ Chromecast-enabled apps.
* Get answers from Google: Get the latest weather, traffic, finance, news, sports, local businesses, when you need them most. Ask for things like translations, calculations, nutrition information and unit conversions hands-free. Or search for other information you’re curious about with the power of Google Search.
* Manage everyday tasks: With your permission, Google Home can help you with things like your commute, flight information, and more. Plus it’s a whiz at setting alarms, starting timers, and adding items to your shopping list.
* Control smart devices: Google Home connects with other smart home technologies found at Verizon, like the Nest Thermostat or Phillips Hue bulbs. You can also ask Google Home to stream videos to your TV with Chromecast.
There’s a lot more you can do with Google Home; find out more on the features page.
Get Google at Verizon
Now with Google Home, Verizon is the place to get the latest from Google:
* Pixel and Pixel XL: a pair of innovative new smartphones made by Google that take full advantage of Verizon’s 4G LTE network. And both phones come with unlimited storage for photos and videos at full resolution. You can get a new Pixel, Phone by Google 32 GB for $10 a month* or get the 128 GB Pixel for just $15 a month* from November 24 through November 25. Can’t make it to Verizon on Black Friday? Save $200** on any Android smartphone priced $400 or higher when you switch to Verizon or add a line to an existing account from November 24 through November 27; current customers looking to upgrade can save $100**on any Android smartphone priced $400 or higher.
* Daydream View: a virtual reality headset and motion controller for experiencing high-quality, immersive media, apps and games.
* Google Live Cases: Look good while protecting the Pixel or Pixel XL. The Google Trends Live Case charts trending topics from Google Search and the Google Earth Live Case displays landscapes shot from space right on your phone’s screen.
Verizon is the only wireless provider to offer Google Home. Google Home is available today online at http://www.verizonwireless.com for $129.99. For a limited time, when you buy Google Home you’ll get 6 months free of YouTube Red. Membership to YouTube Red gives you an awesome YouTube Music experience – more songs, more versions and no ads – just by using your voice.
Learn how you can get your Google Home today
*$649.99 device payment purchase required. Less $409.99 bill credit applied to account over 24 months. Credit begins within 2 – 3 bill cycles and ends when balance paid. 0% APR. Line must be active for 24 months to get full credit.
** Device payment purchase required.
Correction: An earlier version of this post incorrectly stated the Pixel XL is part of the deal. It is not.