If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- If you’re currently locked in the Fire TV vs. Roku TV debate like so many people are, we have some bad news: There are killer deals on best-selling media players from both brands right now.
- That means your decision won’t be any easier today than it is on any other day, but at least you’ll save some cash on a wildly popular device once you do decide.
- All of the deals covered in this article will likely only be around until the end of the week — or until they sell out — so time is definitely of the essence.
Earlier this week, we told you about a handful of truly terrific deals on televisions with Amazon’s beloved Fire TV experience built right in. What’s more, all three of those excellent deals are still available right now. If you need a small TV for your kitchen or a guest bedroom, the Toshiba TF-32A710U21 32-inch Smart HD TV – Fire TV Edition can be had today for just $139.99. The larger Insignia NS-50DF711SE21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD TV – Fire TV Edition is down to $299.99 for a limited time, and the best-in-class Toshiba TF-55A810U21 55-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision and DTS TruSurround TV – Fire TV Edition is on sale for $369.99 instead of $450.
Those are all fantastic deals and if you’re in the market for a new TV set, you’d have to be nuts to pass them up. Of course, what about people who already have plenty of TVs and just want to upgrade their streaming media experiences? Don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered as well.
There are several deals right now on Amazon covering popular streaming media players, but there’s no question which two are the hottest bargains. First, the Fire TV Stick just got a surprise deal that cuts the price to $34.99. It’s the single best-selling product Amazon has ever made, and it flies off the company’s virtual store shelves anytime it goes on sale.
Want to spend even less on a device that’s nearly as popular? If you’re shopping for a streaming media player that’ll be used with a small TV or you just don’t care about 1080p, the Roku Express HD is as good as it gets. It’s already shockingly affordable at $30, but right now it’s just $24 at Amazon.
Those are both fantastic devices that are wildly popular, but they’re also both missing two things that many people look for in a streaming media player. One is support for 4K resolution and the second is support for HDR content with stunningly vivid colors. If you want a solid upgrade without spending much more money, we have two terrific options for you today.
First, the Roku Premiere HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player costs $38.99, which is just $4 more than the Fire TV Stick. It’s not a “stick,” so to speak, but you can still easily fit this tiny box behind your TV. If you want a true dongle though, the Roku Streaming Stick+ with 4K and HDR is on sale for $49 instead of $60.
Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, Simple Remote and Premium HDMI Cable Price:$38.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote wi… List Price:$49.99 Price:$49.00 You Save:$3.90 (8%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 Amazon eGift Card
- 2 Kasa Smart Plug HS103P4, Smart Home Wi-Fi Outlet Works with Alexa, Echo, Google Home & IFTTT, N…
- 3 iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets…
- 4 iRobot Roomba i3+ (3550) Robot Vacuum with Automatic Dirt Disposal Disposal - Empties Itself, W…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.