If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Amazon’s Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and other Fire TV devices are all extremely popular options for people looking for a great streaming media experience on any TV.
- Even people with smart TVs that have built-in apps tend to buy external streaming media players like the Fire TV Stick because TV makers’ smart TV platforms never support all the streaming services you want.
- Fire TV devices are terrific on their own, but a new accessory called the SofaBaton F2 adds a key feature that Amazon’s Alexa voice remote is currently missing.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Straight out of the box, Amazon’s various Fire TV devices like the Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube offer one of the best streaming media player experiences you can get right now. Personally, I really prefer it to Roku devices. It’s not that Roku players are bad or anything. In fact, far from it — Roku is still the biggest streaming media player brand out there right now. It’s just that I am personally not a fan of the Roku user interface, and that’s why I choose Fire TV devices instead.
If you’re team Fire TV as well, you know how great the user experience is that Amazon has designed. The UI is great, the interface is nice and fast, and you can easily find an app for literally any streaming service you can possibly imagine. As a matter of fact, if you ask me, there’s really only one place where Fire TV devices like the Fire TV Stick are lacking: Amazon’s Alexa voice remote.
Amazon recently added some universal remote buttons to its voice remote that allow you to control the volume on your TV or soundbar and mute the sound. It’s a nice addition but truthfully, it’s not enough. That’s where my favorite new Fire TV accessory comes into play. It’s called the SofaBaton F2 Universal Remote Attachment for Amazon Fire TV Streaming Players, and it’s on sale right now on Amazon at a deep discount.
The SofaBaton F2 is basically a simple universal remote control that’s built to attach to Amazon’s remotes. It doesn’t make the remote any wider, just longer, and that’s key to a comfortable design that fits well in your hand. In addition to power, volume, and mute buttons like you would find on Amazon’s newer Alexa voice remote, you also get channel buttons, three configurable buttons that can do anything, and an input button so you can switch your TV’s input. That last one is crucial.
When I bought my SofaBaton F2 it was $40 on Amazon and it’s definitely worth every penny. Snag one today, however, and you’ll find a $16 discount plus an extra $2 coupon you can clip to drop the price to just $21.99 total. Trust me, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one.
- 1 Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro (2020) Intel Core i5 Quad-Core 2.0GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB Solid State…
- 2 Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro (2020) Intel Core i5 Quad-Core 2.0GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Solid State D…
- 3 DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake…
- 4 Wireless Endoscope, DEPSTECH Upgrade 5.0MP HD Inspection Camera, Scope Camera with Light, 16 in…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.