If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
External hard drives comprise one of the most popular accessory categories for computers, and the reason is fairly obvious. While the popularization of cloud backup and sync services certainly adds a layer of convenience, there are some issues with cloud services that don’t sit well with everyone. For one thing, you’re trusting a third-party company to keep your data secure — if all the breaches over the past few years have taught us anything it’s that even the biggest companies are still vulnerable. Another issue is the fact that files aren’t always readily accessible with all cloud services. You might need something on the go, but you won’t have access to it without a data connection.
If you’re on the hunt for an external drive to back up your personal data or offload large files, your search ends now. Check out the Seagate Expansion Portable External Hard Drive, which comes in 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB sizes. It’s the best-selling external hard drive on Amazon, and it’s discounted right now.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- System requirements : Windows 8, Windows 7 Operating System
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port (required for USB 3.0 transfer speeds, or backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports at USB 2.0 transfer speeds)
- Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion portable drive
- Offers enough data storage for: Up to 1,000 hours of digital video, Up to 250 two-hour DVD films, Up to 320,000 digital photos, Up to 16,660 hours of digital music
- The drive is automatically recognised by the Windows operating system – no software to install and nothing to configure
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.