If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Alexa-enabled smart thermostats are fantastic, but they obviously have one pretty big limitation: you need an Alexa speaker like the Amazon Echo Dot if you want to control one with Alexa. At least, that used to be the case. If your home already has Amazon’s smart speakers all over it, any Alexa-enabled thermostat will do. But our new favorite smart thermostat complete replaces the need for a separate speaker by adding far-field microphones and Alexa capabilities. That means the Ecobee4 Alexa-Enabled Thermostat with Sensor becomes your Echo speaker as well as your smart thermostat, truly making it the best of both worlds.
Here are some more highlights from the product page:
- Comes with built-in Alexa Voice Service, so you can ask your ecobee to set a timer, read you the news, adjust the temperature, and more. With Far-field voice technology your ecobee4 can hear you from across the room.
- Room sensors help manage hot and cold spots in your home, delivering comfort to the rooms that matter most.
- Easily adjust temperature and comfort settings from anywhere using your Android and iOS devices. Also works with Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT and more
- Save an average 23% on heating and cooling costs each year. Learn more at ecobee.com/savings.
- Fast, easy installation you can do yourself. Use our handy step-by-step guide right on your phone.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.