If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
With the new next-generation Echo Dot set to be released next week, it’s no surprise that Amazon is offering big discounts on the current-gen model. While it might not be a surprise, though, it is the perfect time to load up on Dots and fill every room of your house with Alexa. The Certified Refurbished Echo Dot is on sale right now for just $29.99, which is within $5 of the lowest price Amazon has ever charged for a Dot. The new model is great, but $50 per Dot is a tall order if all you want to do is add hands-free Alexa access to a room.Certified Refurbished Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black
Here’s more info from the product page:
- A Certified Refurbished Echo Dot is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more