If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If you’ve been wondering how to speed up your home internet without dropping a ton of cash on an overpriced mesh Wi-Fi system, we’ve got great news. You will be so happy to hear that boosting the internet speeds on your computer or video game console is much easier and less expensive than you thought. If you’re sick of slow internet speeds and “buffering” on your gear, there’s a simple setup that will almost certainly be a game-changer for you.
It’s called the TP-Link AV1000 Gigabit Powerline Internet Kit, and it only costs $49.99 on Amazon.
Today's Top Deal Shoppers are swarming Amazon to get the Roomba 675 robot vacuum while it's only $199! List Price:$249.00 Price:$199.00 You Save:$50.00 (20%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
When you’re trying to watch a video or stream a game, slow internet speeds and buffering are a nightmare. It’s so aggravating, but it happens all the time. What you might not realize though, is that there’s an easy way for most people to fix this problem. A lot of the time, it’s your Wi-Fi connection that is the main source of the issue — not your computer or even your internet provider. Sometimes there’s interference, or if you live in a big household it could simply be a matter of congestion. It could also be an issue with range, and you can get away with a cheap fix by picking up a Wi-Fi range extender. The best-selling TP-Link model on Amazon is on sale right now for just $15.99, or you can go all-out with one of TP-Link’s fastest extenders ever for $75 thanks to a discount.
If you want the best possible fix with the fastest and most reliable connection, you need to ditch wireless altogether on your device and switch to a wired internet connection. Of course, no one wants to spend hundreds of dollars installing Ethernet, and we would never suggest that. Why bother when you can instantly transform any regular old power outlet into an Ethernet port in about 2 seconds?
You should absolutely check out the TP-Link AV1000 Powerline Ethernet Adapter Kit at Amazon. It really couldn’t be any simpler. Just plug one box into a power outlet near your router and the other box into an outlet near your TV or computer. Connect to each box separately using a regular old Ethernet cable, and presto! You’ve got yourself a gigabit Ethernet connection that you just installed yourself in seconds. What’s more, this awesome top-rated powerline kit only costs $49.99 right now at Amazon.
Here are TP-Link’s highlights from the product page:
- HomePlug AV2 Standard – high-speed data transfer rates of up to 1000 Mbps, supporting all your online needs
- Gigabit port – provides secure wired networks for desktops, smart TVs, or games consoles
- Plug and play – allows the setup of your powerline network in minutes, so you can enjoy fast wired connections right away
- Patented Power-Saving Mode – automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- No new wires and no configuration required; Compatible with all TP-Link AV2000, AV1300, AV1200, AV1000, AV600, AV500 & AV200 PowerPoint adapters.
- Make sure all powerline devices are on the same electrical circuit.
- Kindly Reminder: TL-PA7017 KIT can only provide wired connections. No WiFi.
- Industry-leading support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.