If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Windows 10 is great. So is macOS. But there’s a third option out there that’s growing increasingly popular, and it’s actually a much better computing platform than Windows or Mac for many people. No, we’re not talking about some obscure Linux build… we’re talking about Chrome OS! Google’s desktop and laptop computing platform is light weight and lightning-fast, but it can still handle heavy lifting, too. Whether you want a notebook for streaming and web browsing or you’re looking to pick up a new laptop for work, definitely give a Chromebook a try. You’ll find two models we love listed below, the surprisingly affordable ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02 and the top-of-the-line Google Pixelbook, which is currently on sale at a discount of more than $150!
Affordable option: ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02
- Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
- Designed for rugged use with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Can open/edit MS Office files using free embedded QuickOffice editor or Google Docs, and can download Microsoft Office Online (an online version of Microsoft Office) for free. Cannot install standard MS Office software.
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 16GB Flash Storage; No CD or DVD drive
- 11.6 inches HD 1366×768 Anti-Glare Display, up to 10 hours of battery life
High-end option: Google Pixelbook
- Meet Google Pixelbook, the high performance Chromebook. It’s the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in. Press the Google Assistant key on your keyboard or say “Ok Google” to get started. The Google Assistant is always ready to help
- Features 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 processor, 8GB RAM and 128GB for storage. The long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use and it’s fast charging so you can get 2 hours of use in 15 minutes
- 4-in-1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes. Access to favorite apps including Google Drive, Gmail, YouTube, Evernote, Slack, Infinite Painter, Lightroom, Roblox and many more
- Pixelbook’s super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 mm and weighs 2.45lbs. Features a 12.3” 360° touchscreen display, a sleek aluminum body, Corning® Gorilla® Glass and a backlit keyboard
- Powered by Chrome OS with automatic software updates so you’ll always have the latest virus protection. It starts up in less than 10 secs, stays fast throughout the day, and won’t slow down over time
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.