If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
There’s really only one way to get back at cable companies like Time Warner Cable and Comcast for all the years they’ve spent overcharging you for service: stop paying them so much money. It sounds simple enough, but cable companies spend a small fortune lobbying the government so that they can enjoy monopolies in many regions. If you don’t have another company to turn to, how are you supposed to negotiate a better rate?
If you listen to us, you can save over $100 on your cable and internet bill each year without negotiating at all. Simply pick up a TP-LINK DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) High Speed Cable Modem, which is on sale on Amazon this week for $69.95. Once you set it up and return your cable company’s modem, they’ll drop their bogus $10 modem rental fee from your monthly bill.
Some key details:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee
- Item is CABLE MODEM ONLY. Compatible with cable internet plans up to 300Mbps*
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Cablevision and Time Warner Cable (Certification for Cox and Charter is still in progress)
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 16X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 680 Mbps for download and 143 Mbps for upload
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility.Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Support IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard. Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.