If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Pretty much no one likes his or her cable company. After years of overcharging, terrible customer service, and a wide range of anti-consumer policies, there’s just too much damage to be undone. Many people cut the cable so they don’t have to overpay for TV service anymore, but even then you still have to cough up between $50 and $120 per month for internet service. What you might not realize, however, is that you can easily shave between $8 and $10 off your monthly bill if you buy your own cable modem like the TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, which is on sale right now on Amazon for just $40. Simply set up your new modem and return your old one to your cable company, and they’ll have no choice but to stop charging you up to $120 a year in modem rental fees.TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8x4) Cable Modem. Max Download Speeds Up to 343Mbps. Certified for… Price:$94.95 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.