If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
It’s pretty crazy what companies get away with when they have a little brand recognition — like charging $200 for a home security camera that probably cost about $11 to make. Luckily there are some fantastic options out there that are just as good as a Nest Cam at a fraction of the price. Our favorite is the Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera, which streams 1080p and has all of the same main features as the Nest Cam. In fact, there are only two main differences: The Wyze Cam comes with 14 days of free cloud storage, and it costs $26 instead of $200.Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- 1080p full HD live stream direct to your smartphone day or night with night vision (up to 30 feet away). Works with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi)
- Motion Tagging technology detects and outlines motion in both live stream and playback video modes. Operating system supports ios 8.0 and android 5.0 or later.
- Motion and sound detection with free rolling 14-day cloud storage. Use the Wyze App (iOS and Android) to manage and share multiple cameras. Add a microSD card (up to 32GB max size) for local storage.
- Magnetic base, 6-foot power cable and included adhesive metal plate let you mount your Wyze Cam anywhere – no screws required. Image Sensor Type: CMOS Sensor
- Works with Alexa: Ask Alexa to show your front door, kid’s room, or anywhere else you have your Wyze Cam, Smart Sound Recognition – Wyze Cam recognizes the unique sounds of smoke alarms and CO monitors and alerts you to these specific emergencies
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.