If your current laptop seems to be slowing down lately, hold off on spending hundreds of dollars on a brand new computer. Why? Because there’s a good chance you can make your current notebook feel like new by installing a blazing-fast SSD drive in place of your old hard drive. Amazon is running a terrific deal right now that gets you a SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB Internal SSD for just $35. This awesome SSD has read and write speeds of up to 530MB/s and 440MB/s, respectively. Note that those speed ratings are megaBYTES, not megaBITS — this thing is insanely fast!
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Easy upgrade for faster boot-up, shutdown, application load and response (As compared to 5400 RPM SATA 2.5” hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking tests using PCMark Vantage scores.)
- Boosts burst write performance, making it ideal for typical PC workloads
- The perfect balance of performance and reliability
- Read/write speeds of up to 530MB/s/440MB/s (Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application.)
- Shock-resistant for proven durability —even if you drop your computer (Shock resistant (up to 1500G) and vibration resistant (5gRMS, 10-2000 HZ/4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ), Temperature (from 0 degrees Celcius to 70 degrees Celcius))
- 3-year limited manufacturer warranty