If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Lockly certainly isn’t the biggest name in the smart lock market, but it’s a name you won’t soon forget after you check out the company’s flagship model.
- The Lockly PGD728F Smart Lock is one of the most versatile smart locks we’ve ever seen, and it performed remarkably well in our testing.
- Whereas most smart locks support one or two methods of secure entry, the Lockly Smart Lock can be unlocked in four different ways including with a PIN code, a smartphone, a fingerprint, or a physical key.
You might think that smart locks are a dime a dozen these days, and there’s no question that best-selling models from a few different top brands are more or less the same. But there are still some surprises out there if you know where to look, and we recently came across a terrific new smart lock that we definitely need to share with our readers.
Some people in search of a new smart lock want a model that can be controlled using an iPhone or Android phone. Other people prefer access with a PIN code, since that means you don’t have to fuss with your phone. Better yet, there are also smart locks out there that let you unlock your door with a fingerprint so you don’t even have to type in your PIN. This way, PINs can be reserved mainly for guests and other people you want to have access to your home, but you can enjoy the convenience of unlocking your door with a quick touch.
Now, there’s a lock that gives you the best of all three of those worlds, plus it supports a physical key as well for emergencies. It’s called the Lockly PGD728F Smart Lock and it’s easily one of the best smart locks we’ve tested in quite some time. It’s also currently in stock at Amazon with a nice 5% discount you can get by clipping the on-site coupon, and it ships for free in as little as one day in some areas thanks to Amazon Prime. We tested this model and it works exactly as described, giving you versatility and performance that you won’t find with any of the more popular smart locks out there. Definitely check it out while it’s in stock and on sale at a discount.Lockly PGD728FSN Secure Plus Fingerprint Smart Deadbolt, Smart Lock Front Door with Patented Ke… List Price:$249.99 Price:$237.49 You Save:$26.90 (11%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are the bullet points Lockly highlights on the Amazon product page:
- YOUR FINGER IS YOUR KEY: Unlock your door using the built-in advanced 3D fingerprint sensor. Unlike other smart locks, Lockly only uses high-quality capacitive fingerprint sensors which only recognizes fingerprints, unlike less secure optical readers. Stores up to 99 unique fingerprints.
- PEEK-PROOF DIGITAL KEYPAD: Patented PIN Genie technology makes it nearly impossible to guess your personal access code (even if someone is watching) when entering your PIN number by always shuffling number locations on the secure, backlit keypad.
- SMARTPHONE CONVENIENCE: Lock and unlock your home, office, or rental property door all from the convenience of your iOS or Android smartphone via secure Bluetooth connection. Includes two backup physical keys for peace of mind.
- KNOW WHO IS COMING AND GOING: Stores all access history so you can review who is coming and going anytime from your mobile phone. Great for keeping track of family members as they arrive home. Grant one-time use or specific time duration access by issuing codes or digital eKeys remotely via your mobile phone. Guests can access using their mobile phones, even without an internet or cellular connection.
- EASY DIY INSTALLATION: Replaces existing deadbolt with basic household tools in about 15 minutes. Fits both left and right swinging standard doors, 1 3/8 to 2 inches thick. Requires 2 1/8 inch face borehole.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.