If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Whether you’re a longtime runner or you’re just beginning to get into it, it’s impossible to stress enough just how important it is to get a good pair of running shoes. Poorly made running shoes can cause huge problems in the short term, because it’s far too easy to injure yourself when you don’t have a good quality shoe. They can also have a long-term negative impact if they don’t have good arch support and ankle support. If you’re looking for a new running shoe that checks all of the important boxes, you’re come to the right place because we’ve rounded up some of the best options on the market right now.
The choice wasn’t easy, but we’ve selected the ASICS Mens Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe as our top pick overall. This sleek running shoe comes in a wide range of different color combinations so it’s easy to find one that suits your style. More importantly, the Gel-Venture 6 provides excellent support that will keep you comfortable and safe while you run or jog. A special gel cushion system attenuates shock during the impact phase of each step and helps ensure a smooth transition to your midstance. There’s also a built-in sockliner that can be removed and replaced with a medical orthotic if you use them.Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Best lightweight shoe
It’s pretty incredible how much engineering is squeezed into the Brooks Mens Ghost 11 Running Shoe, especially considering how lightweight it is. In fact these shoes are so light that it almost feels like you’re running in slippers. Of course the lack of heft is the only thing these great running shoes have in common with slippers, because they’re packed full of design features meant to provide runners with terrific support and maximum comfort.Brooks Men’s Ghost 11 Black/Ebony (Wide) Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Best breathable shoe
If breathability is a priority for you in addition to comfort and support, definitely check out the Reebok Men’s Fast Flexweave Running Shoe. The shoe’s fiber woven upper portion allows air to pass through freely so your feet can breath with each stride. They still provide fantastic support and energy transfer as well, making them perfect for a treadmill or for road running.Reebok Men's Fast Flexweave, White/Primal red/Black, 9 M US Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- Under Armour Men’s HOVR Phantom NC Running Shoe. These breathable running shoes are made of a special microfiber that dries quickly to avoid sweat buildup and odor.
- Nike Men’s Revolution 4 Running Shoe. The Revolution 4 is Nike’s classic no-fuss running shoe, and it’s a great option for just about anyone.
- New Balance Men’s Mt410v5 Cushioning Trail Runner. These New Balance shoes are made specifically for trail runners.
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Contend 4 Running Shoe. Another great option from ASICS, and this one comes in a wide range of colors and styles.
- PUMA Men’s Tazon 6 FM Running Shoe. PUMA has alwasy been as much about form as function, and the running shoes are definitely a perfect example of how stylish PUMA gear can be.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.