If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Home Wi-Fi solutions keep getting better and better, and the latest trend in home internet is mesh networking kits. These next-generation router and extender combinations provide much better coverage with fewer dead spots, but they’re also very expensive compared to conventional routers. What’s more, even the best mesh solution will never be as fast or consistent as a wired internet connection.
The idea of wiring your house and installing Ethernet ports is daunting, right? Wrong. Your house is already wired for Ethernet and you just didn’t know it. Pick up a powerline networking kit like the TP-Link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit and your standard wall outlets instantly transform into Ethernet ports.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Wired connection with high-speed data transfer rate of up to 500Mbps, ideal for HD video or 3D video streaming and online gaming
- HomePlug AV standard compliant, with easy pair feature to add additional TP-LINK Powerline adapters to the network
- No new wires, Easy Plug and Play operation, No configuration required
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- 128-bit AES encryption ensures that the network is safe simply by pressing a button on paired devices
- Up to 300 meter range over a home’s electrical circuit for better performance through walls or across floors
- The theoretical maximum channel data transfer rate is derived from HomePlug AV2 specifications. Actual data transfer rate will vary from network environment including: distance, network traffic, noise on electrical wires, building material and construction, quality of electrical installation and other adverse conditiThe theoretical maximum channel data transfer rate is derived from HomePlug AV2 specifications.
- Works over circuits on the same panel
Looking for a faster solution? Check out this 1000Mbps option:NETGEAR PowerLINE 1000 Mbps, 1 Gigabit Port - Essentials Edition (PL1010-100PAS) Price:$68.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
And finally, this powerline adapter doubles as a Wi-Fi extender to provide faster internet for your mobile devices as well:TP-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi Range Extender, AV1200 Powerline Edition (TL-WPA8630 KIT) Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.