If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
In 2016, portable battery chargers aren’t just a nice option anymore — they’re a necessity. No one leaves home these days without at least a few devices that run on batteries, and those batteries tend to run out of juice at precisely the wrong time. It’s happened to all of us… right when you’re in the middle of an important phone call or while you’re navigating through an area you’re unfamiliar with, your handset dies.
A good portable battery means never having another device die on you again, and we’ve got quite a deal to share with you today. As part of Amazon’s week-long Prime Day countdown event, the retail giant is selling the Anker PowerCore 20100 Ultra High Capacity Power Bank for $26.99, or 66% off retail.
The PowerCore 20100 sports a gigantic 20,100 mAh battery that’s stuffed into a housing as compact as it can possibly be. How big is 20,100 mAh? To give you an idea, it can recharge a new iPhone 6s more than 11 times before needing to be recharged itself. That’s a whole lot of juice.
Here are some more key details:
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Weighs as little as a can of soup (12.5 oz) yet charges the iPhone 6s seven times, the Galaxy S6 five times or the iPad mini 4 twice.
- Fast Charging Technology: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge (does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge). Recharges itself in *10 hours with a 2 amp charger, phone chargers (generally 1 amp) may take up to 20 hours.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 20100 Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
Anker’s PowerCore 20100 Ultra High Capacity Power Bank retails for $80 and Amazon typically sells it for $40. With today’s Prime Day countdown deal though, you’ll only pay $26.99.
As we’ve noted, these deals are good for today only and you have to be a Prime member to take advantage. The good news is that if you don’t already have a Prime subscription, you can sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial right now and enjoy all the huge Prime Day deals coming this week.
Our deals and product reviews are picked by BGR's expert editors and team.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.