If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If you work at a desk all day long, we cannot stress enough how important it is to have a good office chair. Sitting on a bad chair isn’t just uncomfortable, it can have long and lasting negative affects on your health. A good office chair should be comfortable yet supportive, and it should encourage proper posture as well. We’ve tested dozens of different options in search of the best ones, so you’ve come to the right place if you’re in search of a new office chair.
Best budget option
The Flash Furniture High Back Black Mesh Executive Swivel Chair offers high-end comfort and features at an entry-level price, making it our clear pick for the best office chair for anyone on a tight budget. You get a padded upholstered seat, a ventilated mesh back, an adjustable headrest, flip-up arms, and built-in lumbar support at a fraction of what you would expect to pay for such a full-featured chair.Flash Furniture Mid-Back Swivel Task Chair with Flip-Up Arms Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Best mid-range option
If you’re willing to spend a little more money you can get a big upgrade in terms of support and durability. The HON BSXVL721LH10 Exposure Mesh Task Chair has become one of the most hyped chairs in the market, but this is an instance where it really does live up to the hype. The seat has the perfect firmness to strike a balance between comfort and support, and the mesh back has built-in lumbar support. It’s also fully adjustable so it’s easy to find the perfect fit.HON Exposure Mesh Task Computer Chair with 2-Way Adjustable Arms for Office Desk, Black (HVL721… Price:$259.98 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Best premium option
The Herman Miller Aeron Chair has long been considered the best of the best, and that remains the case to this day. It’s quite expensive, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. The Aeron comes in multiple sizes with a wide range of options to customize your office chair down to the very last detail. If you have the means, this is as good as it gets.Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair - Size B, Graphite Price:$1,549.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- AmazonBasics Low-Back Computer Chair. This model is sturdy and comfortable despite its bargain basement price, making it the perfect option in the ultra-low price range.
- AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair. This office chair doesn’t have many bells and whistles, but it’s far more comfortable than any other pleather chair we’ve tested in this price range.
- Modway Veer Drafting Stool-Chair. Get your creative juices flowing in this comfortable and supportive drafting chair.
- Herman Miller Sayl Task Chair. Herman Miller’s Sayl chair has an unconventional design that might take some getting used to, but it’s wonderfully modern and very comfortable.
- Steelcase Gesture Chair. The Steelcase Gesture Chair was a very close runner up to the Aeron for our top pick, and it’s easily among the best chairs we’ve ever tested in the $1,000+ range.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.