If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If you want a home security camera that’s going to feed your dog treats, the Nest Cam is not the camera you’re looking for. If you want one with a laser that your cat will chase around for hours on end while you’re away, you’ll need to look elsewhere. If you want a camera that will tell you the temperature in your house or monitor the weather outside, this is not the answer. But if you want an elegant, high-quality home surveillance camera that streams crisp video to any smartphone in HD, it simply doesn’t get any better than the Nest Cam.
Some highlights from the product page:
- 24/7 live video: 130° wide-angle view and all-glass lens let you look after home in 1080p HD, day and night.
- Alerts and snapshots: When Nest Cam detects activity, it can send a phone alert or email with a photo of the event.
- Quick, easy setup: Plug in Nest Cam and download the Nest app to get started. No hub needed.
- Talk & Listen: Nest Cam has a built-in speaker and microphone, and lets you talk and listen through the app. Speak up to get someone’s attention, or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- Night vision done right: See the whole room at night — not just a limited spotlight view.
- Comes with a free Nest Aware trial: Get intelligent alerts and continuous cloud recording. Create Activity Zones for more precise alerts. Make and share custom clips or timelapses. And more.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.