If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
If you want a home security camera that’s going to feed your dog treats, the Nest Cam is not the camera you’re looking for. If you want one with a laser that your cat will chase around for hours on end while you’re away, you’ll need to look elsewhere. If you want a camera that will tell you the temperature in your house or monitor the weather outside, this is not the answer. But if you want an elegant, high-quality home surveillance camera that streams crisp video to any smartphone in HD, it simply doesn’t get any better than the Nest Cam.
Some highlights from the product page:
- 24/7 live video: 130° wide-angle view and all-glass lens let you look after home in 1080p HD, day and night.
- Alerts and snapshots: When Nest Cam detects activity, it can send a phone alert or email with a photo of the event.
- Quick, easy setup: Plug in Nest Cam and download the Nest app to get started. No hub needed.
- Talk & Listen: Nest Cam has a built-in speaker and microphone, and lets you talk and listen through the app. Speak up to get someone’s attention, or tell the dog to get off the couch.
- Night vision done right: See the whole room at night — not just a limited spotlight view.
- Comes with a free Nest Aware trial: Get intelligent alerts and continuous cloud recording. Create Activity Zones for more precise alerts. Make and share custom clips or timelapses. And more.