If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
There’s no question that Nest played a big role in popularizing wireless home security cameras, but there’s also no question that the company is insane to still be charging $200 per camera. There are so many options out there that are just as good for much less money. In fact, there’s one option out there that is even better than the Nest Cam and it costs a small fraction of the price. The new and improved Wyze Cam WYZEC2 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera has all the features that made the original great, plus a few improvements like support for Alexa and Google Assistant. Right now, it’s on sale for just $24.39, which means you can buy eight of these cameras for less than the cost of a single Nest Cam!
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p -1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage – Wyze Cam can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark – Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 4 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! – Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
- Share with those who care – One Wyze Cam can be shared with multiple family members so everyone can have access to its live stream and video recordings. Just have your family members download the Wyze app and invite them to your account. Camera sharing can also be easily removed.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.