If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
It you use a cable modem that’s on loan from your ISP, you’re paying an additional modem rental fee each and every month. It’s between $8 and $10, and you’ll see it if you take a look at your bill right now. The worst part about this fee is it’s not like a lease or an installment plan that you might have with a cell phone. Instead, you just keep paying it forever… unless you ditch your cable company’s modem and buy your own. The popular TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Cable Modem is discounted right now on Amazon, activate it using the instructions in the box, and return your rented modem to your cable company. You’ll instantly save $8-$10 per month on your bill, which adds up to $96-$120 per year.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
- CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- ISP CERTIFIED – Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- FASTER DOWNLOADS – Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- INDUSTRY STANDARD – DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE – CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- LEADING SUPPORT – Industry leading 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support
Looking for a faster model? Here’s a gigabit cable modem that’s also on sale:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.