If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If there’s one thing that every single home internet subscriber in the US has in common, it’s this: we pay too much for home internet service, and we wish our service was faster. While some things such as your base monthly rate are out of your control, other things can be done to minimize the sting. For example, upgrading your Wi-Fi router to a newer wireless AC model can double (or even triple) your wireless download and upload speeds. On top of that, buying your own cable modem and returning your ISP’s modem will eliminate your modem rental fee, instantly knocking $10 a month off of your cable bill.
Today, Amazon has a great deal going on the NETGEAR Smart Home Wi-Fi Router and Cable Modem Bundle, which will kill two birds with one stone.
Here’s what you need to know:
- This bundle contains the NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router, 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit and Netgear High Speed DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- Easily upgrade your Wi-Fi with the NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed Modem is certified for Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter & more
- Stop modem and router rental fees from your internet service provider
- Connect the router to the modem to maximize your internet speeds
At $129.99, this Wi-Fi router and cable modem bundle will save you $43 compared to buying these two items separately. What’s more, in 13 months you’ll have more than recouped your purchase in savings on your cable bill — and that’s not even taking into consideration the value of speeding up your home internet.NETGEAR Smart Home Wi-Fi Router and Cable Modem Bundle Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.