If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
Apple is rumored to be developing self-driving automobile software or maybe even an actual car. But a massive team of Apple employees recently left the company because they didn’t want to work on cool tech that might someday be found in a few cars. They wanted to build cool tech that works with all cars, and you can already get your hands on their first product today.
The Pearl RearVision Wireless Car Backup Camera and Obstacle Alert System is easily the smartest backup camera system on the planet. It’s wireless and installs on any car in seconds, backing two high-definition cameras that beam HD video right to your smartphone as you back up. A companion device plugs into your car’s standard OBD port and produces an audible alert when there are obstacles in your path. This kit works with any car or truck out there, and you can get your hands on it right now.
Here’s a video that shows how great the Pearl RearVision is compared to other systems:
And here are some key details from the product page:
- WIRELESS BACKUP CAMERA: No need for professional installation or additional hardware, the Pearl Backup Camera installs in minutes, transforming your car license plate into a camera and your phone into a rearview screen and proximity alert system
- AUDIBLE/VISUAL PARKING AID: The rear view camera sensors alert you when obstacles enter your car or truck’s path, giving you the help you need to back up with confidence
- CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS: This back up camera helps you peek around corners by switching from normal to super-wide views and pivoting 140 degrees left and right
- NIGHT VISION CAPABILITY: The rear car camera provides stunning clarity in low-light conditions with its infrared HD camera
- DURABLE AND WATERPROOF CAR CAMERA: The weatherproof and theft-resistant camera frame protects the parking camera’s dual HD cameras
- LICENSE PLATE COMPATIBILITY: RearVision installs easily on most cars, but some models need a little help. For Audi, Jeep Wrangler (2007 – Present), VW Jetta (2011 – Present) and Volvo cars please choose from the appropriate Style configuration above.
Our deals and product reviews are picked by BGR's expert editors and team.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.