If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
It’s no accident that Amazon’s Alexa virtual personal assistant is taking over the consumer electronics industry. Gadget makers were in search of a voice control solution they could use with their devices that wasn’t tied to one particular line of smartphones and tablets, and Alexa is the cross-platform solution that they were waiting for. Now you can control anything and everything with Alexa, which makes controlling potentially complex connected gadgets far simpler than it has ever been before.
If you’re looking for the best Alexa-enabled devices money can buy right now, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ve rounded up five things that you can and absolutely should be controlling with Amazon Alexa.
Philips Hue 464479 60W Equivalent White and Color Ambiance A19 Starter Kit
- Bathe your home in millions of colors (with improved, richer cyan, green, and blue) and shades of white light, tailored to your mood or need, controlled wirelessly via a smart device.
- Controllable whether you are home or away, this starter kit adds three color A19 LED smart light bulbs (fits standard-size table lamps) with a Hue bridge that manages up to 50 lights.
- Install the lights as you would install ordinary bulbs, pairing them with the Hue Bridge, which allows you to control smart-bulb-equipped lamps and overhead lights via the Philips Hue App.
- Easily expand your smart lighting system with Hue accessories (sold separately), such as a dimmer switch, tap, or motion sensor. Pair it for automation with your existing Nest or SmartThings system.
- Voice control capable with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, or Google Assistant, each kit includes three White and Color Ambiance A19 bulbs, one Hue Bridge, ethernet cable, power adapter, manual, and two-year warranty.
All-New Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote
- All-new, streamlined Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD, now at a better price and including HDR support.
- Experience true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps, HDR, and Dolby Atmos audio.
- Enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills with access to over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Use your voice to easily find, launch, and control content with your Alexa Voice Remote or pair Fire TV with an Echo device for hands-free content control.
- Do more with Alexa by playing music, ordering a pizza, and controlling compatible lights and other smart home devices—just ask.
- Prime membership unlocks thousands of movies and TV episodes, including Thursday Night Football, Amazon Original Series, Amazon Channels, and ad-free listening to millions of songs with Prime Music.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Use an HD antenna to get free broadcast networks like NBC and PBS or watch live TV and sports with subscriptions to Hulu, PlayStation Vue, and Sling TV.
- Simply plug into an HDTV and start streaming in minutes. With an ultra-fast processor and 802.11ac Wi-Fi, you can rely on smooth and responsive performance. Amazon Ethernet Adaptor sold separately.
Your Door Lock
August Smart Lock 2nd Generation
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
Nest Learning Thermostat
- Google Home works with Nest. Feeling chilly? Just say, “Ok Google, set my temperature to 72 degrees.”
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Auto-Schedule: Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week.
- Home/Away Assist: Nest automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy.
- Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi-Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When the Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy Star: First thermostat to earn Energy Star. Your thermostat controls half your energy bill – more than appliances, more than electronics. Saving energy starts with your Thermostat.
- not applicable
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Z-wave Compatible With Version 4.4.4
- Supports Z-wave Flirs Functionality
- Works On Standard Hvac Systems With 2-stage Heat & 2-stage Cool
- Works On Heat Pump Hvac Systems With 3-stage Heat & 2-stage Cool
Quirky PPVG-WH01 Pivot Power Genius
- Smart technology – Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime
- Outlet party – Four pivoting outlets accommodate plugs and adapters of all shapes and sizes. That means you can always fill every outlet; even those big ol’ AC bricks are welcome
- Surge protection – No sparks! Unwanted spikes in voltage don’t stand a chance against Pivot Power Genius’s 1080 joules of rock-solid surge protection
- Turn two outlets on or off remotely from an app on your mobile device. This can be manual or scheduled automatically from anywhere at anytime.
- Four pivoting outlets accommodate plugs and adapters of all shapes and sizes.
- No sparks! Unwanted spikes in voltage don’t stand a chance against Pivot Power Genius’s 1080 joules of rock-solid surge protection.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.