If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Sometimes you come across a device that is so different and unique that you can’t help but check it out. Such is the case with the Avegant Glyph Video Headset, a device that looks like your average pair of Beats headphones but hides an entire face-mounted portable home entertainment system. No seriously, it’s a home theater on your face. Imagine streaming Netflix or even playing PS4 or Xbox One on a 60-inch TV that’s small enough to fit in your laptop bag. It sounds crazy, but that’s exactly what you can do with the Glyph — and believe it or not, the device doesn’t even have a conventional screen, instead using a complex system of more than 2 million tiny mirrors to display a picture.
Some key details:
- Watch films, play games, and enjoy endless entertainment in HD audio/video on the world’s first mobile personal theater experience
- Connect to almost any smartphone, tablet, drone, or gaming console, at home, on the field, or at 40,000 feet (may require an adapter, sold separately)
- A screenless display – the Glyph reflects light with over two million micro-mirrors, replicating natural human eyesight
- Designed and worn similarly to headphones, a familiar form that goes anywhere with you, delivering rich, high-resolution audio
- Immerse yourself in your favorite content without being completely cut off from your surroundings
The Avegant Glyph Video Headset costs $699.00 on Amazon, and that includes free Prime shipping.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.