If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Only one time in history has the August Smart Lock (2nd Gen) been on sale for a lower price than it is right now, and that sale lasted for exactly one day. You guessed it, it was Black Friday last year, and we almost certainly won’t see a price that low again until Black Friday 2017 rolls around. If you don’t want to wait that long to score this fantastic smart lock, which is both HomeKit enabled for Apple devices and Alexa enabled for Amazon devices, then now is the time to strike. Amazon is offering the 2nd Gen August Smart Lock for just $183 right now in either dark gray or silver. That price is just $13 higher than last year’s Black Friday sale price anyway, so you really have no reason to wait.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- No more keys: Open your door and control who comes in – all from your August Home smartphone app.
- Easy install: Attach to the inside of your current deadbolt in minutes. Your home’s exterior is unchanged.
- Hands-free access: Auto-unlock when you arrive home. Auto-locks after you’re inside.
- Feel secure: Share temporary virtual keys with guests & monitor access with 24/7 in-app activity feed.
- Remote access: Control your front door from anywhere from your app. Requires August Connect.
- Works with: Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Nest, IFTTT, Wink, Logitech Harmony, Logitech POP, iOS and Android devices.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.